Paris en Hiver
While I was away, from the blog that is, I did a fair bit of traveling, for family, pleasure and work. In February last year, I spent a very cold week in Paris, visiting family & friends. Paris is one of those cities that, even if you're French and have been going there a couple times a year ever since you're a kid, there's always something new and exciting to see - or the thrill of seeing something magnificiently old such as the Louvre or the Tour Eiffel. Paris, the magic never dies.
This was also the first time I had been back to Paris since the '13 November' attacks. I basically spent my time walking by or driving by the places of the attacks, not purposefully but because that is my Paris. And I will not change that for a thing. My love for Paris is unwavering and I will never let fear stop me from visiting her.
On a lighter note, here are some photos from my trip - I got to:
- walk around the Palais Royal under the snow
- do my usual Le Marais/Canal St Martin walk stopping by for a yummy brunch at Holybelly Café then went to Merci to stock-up on linens
- do my usual Rive Gauche walk, this time brunch at 13 A Baker's Dozen with my uncle & aunt, a visit to Le Bon Marché which was especially exciting due to the Ai Wei Wei exhibit
- go to the Palais de Tokyo which never disappoints
- go to my great aunt Denise's 90th birthday, we come from strong stock - got to see some family I hadn't seen in a while, including "notre cousin Roger, fils de Silvio" who I love
- spend a lovely day and a couple evenings with my friend Bérengère, we had a delicious dinner at Jones in the 11th - no photos unfortunately as we were too busy eating & talking
- got to visit my friends Karima & Felix for dinner at theirs
- I missed my friend Erin from Seattle, her now husband used to live in Paris so we would meet there and do all these wonderous discoveries together...
I must get back to Paris soon, it's been a year too long!